Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012 - Little Vintage ''Washstand"

I've always loved vintage washstands (a love which was instilled in me during childhood by my oh-so-talented mother, who one day found one, and brought it home from one of her ''infamous treasure hunts''.... she and/or daddeee refinished it, and it was always in the corner of our living room.... hanging over it, was another treasure find: the old bird cage she painted gold with the faux fern and little finch inside).....


so when grandmommy gave me this little adorable bookstand-table, and a friend gave me this adorable shelf, i teamed them up and made a "Lil Washstand" area for my vintage linens and dreams.........




ha...my cute little wooden house BEFORE i blew out those darn candles and spilled wax on the roof...oh my i'm such a dang ditz!!!........

 
my daddeeee's mother made that little white yarn wreath in her 90's....he gave it to me last year to go along with the crochet'd candle and candybowl holder she made me when i got married in 1980....born in the late 1800's, my first year married was her last christmas, and i treasure these mementos of her handiwork........ she used to crochet us vests and ponchos in the 60's so we could be groovy baby~! lololol.....
my mother gave me that adorable wooden house,  gazebo &  victorian greeting card behind it and the little tree......more stuff she found on her treasure hunts.

 i just found these 2 adorable watering cans for .25cents a piece at a yard sale last month....i love them......
part of my collection of vintage linens & crocheted doilies.....faux vintage signs......little round sweetgum pine cones from our yard........

for some christmas cheer, one day i made the glittery pipecleaner wreath,  and the wreath for the door from bread ties......i love simple easy ''found crafts'' like that.....whip 'em up and you're good to go....
 adorable....i love how the vintage crocheted placemat's scalloped edge looks against the dark patina of the decorative edge of the table.........i live for cute little decorative details like that that catch your eye, lol......

we are gonna ignore the fact that i always forget that when you pick up a candle to blow it out, it drips wax all over the place if you tilt it..............ergo: we will figure out how to get that dabbnabbit wax off the top of my dang wooden house!!.......incredible how dumb i am at times...over 50 yrs of blowing out candles, you'd think i could remember that by now!! lololol.......we live, god laughs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment